iSCSI/NAS System NDL-4508R/W with 8 HDD bays
The NASdeluxe NDL-4000R/W is a dedicated file server, based on Windows Server 2012 R2, that has been developed for optimized reliability, seamless integration and high efficiency in the field of storage networks.
The main argument for the use of Windows Server as operating system for storage systems is the close integration with Microsoft environments, which is expressed mainly in a consistent administration. So these storage solutions can be a member of a Windows domain and are managed with the same tools as other Windows Server, for example via PowerShell.
The Windows Storage Server 2012 R2 includes availability features such as time-oriented data copies and replication. It provides an perfect solution for consolidating of multiple file servers into a single solution. Also an iSCSI target functionality is already integrated. It is independent of the operating system of the client processor.
The important features of Windows Storage Server 2012 R2 are the improvements at virtual machines, data deduplication, installation of storage pools, Thin Provisioning, auto tiering of storage spaces and a robust file system named ReFS.
Through the NIC teaming function, the bandwidth and performance can be increased by adding additional Ethernet ports.
- Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2012 R2 Standard, installed on two SAS HDDs or SSDs (RAID 1)
- SMB (Server Message Block) direct (supports RDMA)
- Supports SMB transparent failover and scale out
- Storage QoS (Quality of Service)
- Unlimited number of clients & printers
- Snapshot functionality
- Supports Microsoft Azure Windows Backup
- Single Instance Storage (deduplication)
- High performance for faster SMB (Server Message Block) and NFS (Network File System) file services
- MPIO support (Multipath I/O) for improved availability and load balancing
- Easy integration into existing SANs AD FS (Active Directory Federation Services), AD RMS (Active Directory Rights Management Services)
- iSCSI support
- Clustering (up to 8 nodes)
- Administration via Remote Desktop
- Fibre Channel, iSCSI and NAS in one system
- iSCSI target (optional FC target)
- 2 x 10 Gbps Ethernet ports onboard
- Up to 2 x Intel Xeon processors
- Supermicro X10 board mit Intel chipset
- Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI 2.0)
- Up to 2 TB ECC 3DS LRDIMM
- Enclosures with up to 72 x SAS/SATA hard drive bays
- 12 Gbps SAS RAID controller, Dual-Core CPU, 1 GB cache (optional battery backed cache)
- Optional expansion port for JBODs which can accommodate up to 88 hard drives per JBOD
- Redundant power supply
- Optional advanced replacement service and onsite service