iSCSI/NAS System NDL-3708R/W with 8 HDD bays
The NASdeluxe NDL-3000R/W is a Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 based dedicated file server that has been developed for optimized reliability, seamless integration and high efficiency in the field of storage networks.
The main argument for the use of Windows Server as operating system for storage devices, applies the close integration with Microsoft environments, which is expressed primarily in a consistent administration. Thus, these storage solutions are a member in Windows domains and are managed with the same tools as other Windows servers, eg via PowerShell.
The Windows Storage Server 2012 R2 includes high-availability functions as point-in-data copies and replication. It is a perfect solution for the consolidation of multiple file servers into a single solution. Also an iSCSI target functionality is already integrated. It is independent of the operating system of the client machine.
The most important features of Windows Storage Server 2012 R2 are the improvements in virtual machines, data deduplication, the setup of storage pools, thin provisioning, auto-tiering of storage spaces and a robust file system called ReFS.
Through the NIC teaming feature, the bandwidth and performance can be increased by additional Ethernet ports.
- Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2012 R2 Standard, installed on two SAS HDDs or SSDs (RAID 1)
- SMB (Server Message Block) direct (supports RDMA)
- Supports SMB transparent failover and scale out
- Storage QoS (Quality of Service)
- Unlimited number of clients & printers
- Snapshot functionality
- Supports Microsoft Azure Windows Backup
- Single Instance Storage (deduplication)
- High performance for faster SMB (Server Message Block) and NFS (Network File System) file services
- MPIO support (Multipath I/O) for improved availability and load balancing
- Easy integration into existing SANs AD FS (Active Directory Federation Services), AD RMS (Active Directory Rights
- Management Services)
- iSCSI support
- Clustering (up to 8 nodes)
- Administration via Remote Desktop
- Fibre Channel, iSCSI and NAS in one system
- iSCSI target (optional FC target)
- 4 x 1 Gbps or 2 x 10 Gbps + 2 x 1 Gbps Ethernet ports onboard
- 1 x Intel Xeon prozcessor (E3-1200 v5 series), 3 GHz or faster
- Supermicro X11 board with Intel chipset
- Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI 2.0)
- Up to 64 GB RAM, ECC UDIMM
- Enclosures with up to 72 x SAS/SATA hard drive bays
- 6/12 Gbps SAS (optional with SSD caching)
- Optional expansion port for JBODs which can accommodate up to 88 hard drives per JBOD
- Redundant power supply
- Optional advanced replacement service and onsite service